Dr. Thema Bryant-Davis is a licensed and ordained minister in the African Methodist Episcopal Church. She preached her initial sermon at Empowerment Temple AME Church where the pastor is Rev. Jamal Harrison-Bryant. She facilitates the Mental Health ministry at First AME Church in Los Angeles and directs the teen dance ministry. Dr. Thema has ministered internationally and nationally at Churches, conferences, retreats, hospitals, prisons, nursing homes, poetry readings, and community centers.
Dr. Thema has a special ministry of healing, restoration, and empowerment that is based on addressing the needs for spiritual growth and emotional wholeness. She has a special calling to spiritually equip the marginalized, including women, youth, and believers of diverse backgrounds.
Her ministry has been described as “anointed”, “powerful”, and “life-changing”. She is a Teacher, Preacher, and Artist called by God to bring a Word of hope, inspiration, and deliverance to people from all walks of life.
Key scriptures that form the foundation of her inspiring ministry include:
- Galatians 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
- Psalm 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
- Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
- Isaiah 40:31 (KJS) But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
- Romans 8:38, 39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.